September 29, 2010

House Hunters on "House Hunters"


Does anyone else find it as annoying as I do (and I'm sure Suzanne Whang agrees) when couples on House Hunters don’t stop talking about their kids and the “safety concerns” in the homes they see?

Listen, I realize us parents (I’m not a parent as of yet but I thought it sounded good) have to take safety and all things kids into consideration when it comes to, well, all things in your life. Just do us all a favor and leave the child-concerns at home when you’re on House Hunters and/or Property Virgins.

It’s just annoying.

When I’m trying to envision my life with your bank account in some far off exotic land, like, say Austin, TX and I have to see you choose House #3 because there’s no pool and they have “just a perfect space that can be used as the kids homework room” it makes me cringe.

It really makes me angry.

So let me get this straight. You chose the average home because of the “Homework Room” over the gorgeous mansion with the balconies, master bedroom the size of my property, and all the amenities? I don’t buy it. Figuratively. ‘Cause I would certainly buy it literally!

Aggravating.

I watched an episode recently where an annoying woman didn’t choose the most gorgeous mansion I’ve ever laid eyes on because the “playroom” upstairs had a door that led to a balcony which she deemed unsafe for her kids. Understandable if only for this great new invention that hit the market about 950 years ago called a lock.

“Oh little Billy will just love this space to do his homework!”

“This room will be great for Amanda to keep all her dolls in!”

“I just love how the kitchen flows into the living room so I can watch Michael and Rebecca play all day long!”

So the 5 bedroom 4 bath House #2 didn’t have the necessary room for Billy, Amanda, Michael or Rebecca I guess?

Spare me.

Thank goodness for House Hunters International coming up next. Those families are much cooler!

A couple parting thoughts...

- That's not a "tray ceiling" so stop calling it that
- That chair rail is hideous so please stop saying it really compliments the room
- No. No. No. I'm sorry but that color is awful and that wallpaper is NOT nice! Are we looking at the same bathroom?
- Please explain because I'm not understanding. What about this 20'x25' master bedroom is bothering you again?

No comments: