August 10, 2011

Create Yourself




After being on an incredible Blogging Roll I have stumbled into an Abyss Of Positivity and it’s this very reason I’ve found myself wallowing in writer’s block.

It should come as no surprise that this AOP is located in Essex County, NJ. I’ve noted recently that the people at Brazen Athletics have begun to change my mindset for the better and as a result my blog has taken a major hit.

I’m changing. My blog is changing. Life is changing.

You hear a lot of people, even some who do CrossFit, wonder what is so special about it and why it’s so great. You’ll hear a myriad of answers but I’m going on record to say there is one definitive answer. And I’ll phrase it in the form of a question.

When or Where In Life Can You Succeed Every Single Day?

In CF you succeed the second you arrive at your Box. The CF mentality is to push yourself every workout like you’ve never pushed yourself before. Become comfortable being uncomfortable. Set your personal record (PR) each and every day.

Don’t pace yourself. Push yourself – Create Yourself.

It’s crazy but the Med Ball Cleans, Sumo Dead Lift High Pulls, and Box Jumps all translate to your life outside of The Box.

Success breeds confidence. Winning breeds confidence – Confidence breeds happiness.

There is no greater feeling than completing a WOD that a short time ago you would’ve looked at and said “That’s crazy. Definitely not for me.”

Translation: “I’m intimidated.”

A little over a year ago my wife and I would spend 45 minutes in a globogym going through your typical routine. 20 minutes on the treadmill. 25 minutes with the weights. Fantastic. Broke a little sweat. Tremendous. Feel great.

Fail.

Now my wife does 100 kettle bell swings, 80 push ups, 60 pull ups, 40 wall balls, 20 power cleans and runs a half mile in 25 minutes…and sweats a small child while collapsed on all fours. I couldn't be prouder of her. 

Win.

And that is why CF is addicting. She succeeded like never before. And tomorrow she’ll succeed again…

Authors Note: I just realized this was my 100th blog since inception. I had been planning something special but having fallen in the Abyss of Positivity it must have slipped my mind. Alas, 3 years ago I never would’ve thought I’d be 100 in. I’m proud of that. Win!

No comments: