September 3, 2015

A Tribute


June 6, 2011 I walked into the doors of Brazen Athletics as a member and what ensued was a whirlwind of life changing attitudes, experiences and friendships. One experience in particular I want to point out as it directly relates to the meaning behind this blog.
I was in Boston watching the Northeast Regionals at a time when about 37 people gave a shit about watching competitive exercise. I spent some time with longtime friend, Rick Buro, whom I had not seen in a while, and he told me he was opening his own gym in a month. I was floored. Quite honestly, and he knows this, I was impressed.
I’m still impressed.
It’s now 2015 and here I am. Sitting on my couch thinking out loud. Thinking about how unbelievable it is that I’m in the process of writing a blog with an announcement of my own.
I’m opening my own gym. Sorry. Let me revise…
I’m opening my own gym!!!
So where does this blog go from here? Not sure. My fingers are shaking in both excitement and nerves. Grammar and punctuation are now at serious risk and I’m not going to apologize for it. After all, I’m opening my own gym…
…and it’s called Tribute Strength




4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy & excited for you guys. One small step for 2 people, one giant leap for you lives. x oxon

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chantel said...

So proud of you for following your heart with this endeavor, Joe. Love you guys and wish you all the best!

Unknown said...

That is one of the most exciting and moving things I have ever read from someone I actually know! I wish you all the luck in the world!
Luck and love, Aunt Rhea