August 2, 2010

Is That Little Green Man Telling Me What To Do?

I’m about to rant about something parents are doing in neighborhoods across the country! It's spreading like wildfire. (I really only know about a few blocks in my neighborhood) Families are taking it upon themselves to put those signs on the curbs that look like little green men holding flags that say “Slow!”

You probably wonder why this is bothering me. Well it just does. How’s that?

I get it. I get the idea that children are playing in the front yard and possibly the streets so you should drive slowly and carefully. Understandable. 100%. No one should be flying down side streets when the possibility of children playing in the area is a very real one.

However, please don’t TELL ME to slow down. I find it insulting and annoying. Am I being defensive and overreacting a little? Yes. I am. But that’s why I’m a good blogger. I have strong opinions on random things! Anyway, I digress, I want to come up with a new sign. Instead of putting it at my curb I’m going to put on the hood of my car. Something along these lines should work…

STAY OUTSIDE WITH YOUR CHILDREN AND MAKE SURE THEY DON’T RUN IN THE STREETS SINCE IT CAN BE DANGEROUS!

And another thing (notice how I tend to have a hard time ending my posts and always have something else to say?) When searching for the above picture of the little green man I found the following sign that people are now placing curbside: (Below photos courtesy of http://www.fakekid.com/)

If I ever drove by one of these signs I would purposely veer off the road and destroy the sign along with the neighbor's shrubs. Kind've like what this guy is thinking about doing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree 100%. We have summer weekend neighbors that put 2 of these little green men out and not on the grass but on the freaking road!!! 2 cars can not pass safely..it irks those of us who DO live here year round!!!!and have long before these people thought this area was a cottage area!!!