May 12, 2011

Mogadishu Music Festival


I’ve received some flack of late regarding a slight blip in the Blogging Roll I was on. My defense was that society had been lacking of late in providing me with topics (quality topics worthy of writing about – we all know I have an opinion on everything).

And then I read this…

American jihadist leads pro al-Qaida rally in Somalia

Surprisingly I’m not even sure where to begin with this one. I could go the obvious route and talk about how this guy is obviously a certified lunatic.

I could say that I hope the man dies a slow and tortured death much the same way I hoped Bin Laden did…to the dismay of some of my loyal readers of course.

I could say people like him and terrorists like him are the reason the “War on Terror” will never end and anyone who thinks it will is as clueless as he is. We’ll be fighting Al-Qaeda and other Professional Psychos for as long you and I are on the planet.

Or what I could say is that I find it hysterical that he held a rally in Somalia and I couldn’t help but picture the scene. A Woodstock like atmosphere. A grassy field with your garden variety AK-47-wielding militia members celebrating the greatness of Allah. I bet there is a banner hanging somewhere that say’s “The 2011 Mogadishu Music Festival”

I just find it hysterical to picture. If you look at the photo in the article it looks like the four men at the table behind the podium are thinking to themselves,

“How is this American higher ranked then we are? This is ridiculous and another example of the West keeping us down…We tried for over a year to get permits to hold this rally and he comes in here and has it all set up in just a few weeks....Next year when he’s killed by the CIA and we get to run this thing we will do it bigger and better. I swear, if Allah is my witness, we’ll have cotton candy and maybe even get Hootie and The Blowfish to perform!”

Now, after looking at the picture of this bearded and dirty American standing at the podium in a Mogadishu park, am I the only one that thought all of this?

No comments: