May 16, 2011

The Visor That Launched a Blog


Listen, I fully support all things Gucci. Do I currently own anything Gucci? No. Do I wish I owned a Gucci watch? Yes. Does my wife want a Gucci handbag? Yes. Does my wife want to own the entire Gucci accessory line? Yes.

So why all this random talk about my desires regarding this fine Italian luxury brand?

I’ll tell you why. Some people take it a little too far and it’s aggravating. There is a big difference between having some expensive fashion taste and being a complete label whore.

People need to tone it down. You Louis Vuitton handbag owners (85% of New Jersey Female Residents) know what I’m talking about as well. Don’t act like you don’t. Why else would you spend that kind’ve money on a handbag that isn’t even leather? Is the hardware that ritzy?

Again don’t get me wrong. I support the luxury brands. I’m not an Anti-Luxurite.

Anyway, veered off the track there. Back to Gucci…

I was at a local diner yesterday and a guy walks in with 2 of his friends. They’re dressed very casual. As in, they could’ve just went to the gym. One of these morons was wearing gym shorts, a sweatshirt…and a tan Gucci logo-imprinted visor.

Really, pal? Don’t be a schmuck.

Not only is it hideous but it screams you went to the Gucci store and that was the only thing you could afford so you went for it. Otherwise, there is no point in owning that visor…

None whatsoever.

No comments: