June 16, 2011

Those Dang Curse Words



Quite often people present me with topics to blog about. Sometimes I agree with them and sometimes I don’t. There are times when I agree but don’t share the same passion as this blog demands (and deserves). In such cases, I’ll suggest they Guest Blog.

Well, yesterday I had a topic thrown my way and I’m gonna take it and run with it. Thanks J'...

People who tell you to stop using “foul” or “inappropriate” language can go ahead and Give Me a Fucking Break

I’m not quite sure what the big deal is with using “curse” words. They’re words. That’s all they are. What is the big deal with saying “shit”, “asshole” or, gasp, “fuck”?

Words are what you make of them. Words are only defined by the emotions behind them. This all relates to how sensitive society has become. People are always on the look out for an insult. People live on the defensive. People live with their lawyer on speed dial.

This just in, there is no difference between saying “shoot” and “shit”. They mean the same exact thing in context. If you’re one of the morons that prefers to say “shoot” as opposed to “shit” I’m sure there is a commune in Pennsylvania, Tennessee or Utah that would love to have ya’. We all know you’re thinking “shit” in your head. Just say the frigging word and stop being so damn righteous and fake.

I applaud parents who don’t walk on language-eggshells around their kids. Do I think 5 year olds should run around the playground cursing? No I don’t. Do I think you should liberally throw F-Bombs around children? No I don’t. However, if you take your children out in the real world and someone should curse in front of them, keep your mouth shut and deal with it.

That’s life.

Words are like Religion. If you don’t agree with the words I use or the beliefs I maintain then keep the preaching to yourself.

Fucking spare me, people!

2 comments:

Maureen Miranda said...

Fucking brilliant!

Matt D said...

I'm surprised by your angle here... You're one for social order. "Those dang curse words" disrupt that equilibirum... Can't say I'm with you here. Nonetheless, entertaining read.