January 25, 2011

25 Random Things About Me - 2011 Edition

1) I have a favorite funeral home. I always make mention of it when I pass it so my wife knows just in case. Is that morbid?

2) I’ve always had a secret desire to have a part-time job being the shopping cart collector in a grocery store parking lot.

3) I love a good No. 2 pencil. It beats a pen any day of the week.

4) I used to say I’d never live anywhere but New Jersey. Now all I need is a valid excuse and I’m gone.

5) I can’t sleep with my head close to the headboard. As a result I’m always too low on the bed and my legs hang off.

6) I think the people who don’t believe in aliens are the crazy ones. Not the other way around.

7) I remember my freshman year locker combination like it was yesterday yet I don’t remember any of the other ones.

8) …on a related note – I have a recurring nightmare where I forget my gym locker combination and I can’t change into my gym clothes which throws me into a panic. Horrifying I know.

9) I’m a firm believer that dairy is terrible for you once you get out’ve the baby stage. Telling that to mozzarella when it’s staring you in the face is a different story though.

10) If I could do it all over again the Road Rally would not have taken place. Only a few of my readers can understand this one.

11) I’m jealous of just about everyone I know for different reasons. I wonder if anyone is jealous of me?

12) I have a playlist on my iPod called, “Depression 101”. Nice, right? Don’t worry – I also have “Relaxation 101”

13) On a musically related note, I’ve been trying to lock down my Top 5 Favorite Songs of All-Time and I’m finding it extremely difficult. It’s delaying my long-awaited and highly-anticipated Blog entitled, “A Life Consumed by Rankings” (working title).

14) You can never be the coolest guy at the party if there is someone there who can grab a guitar and start playing. As a result, I wish I knew how to play the guitar and so should you.

15) I’ll take a mountain and a lake over a beach and ocean any day of the week. Don’t get me wrong I love the ocean but if I had to choose one or the other I want to be on my porch overlooking a lake and getting ready to set out on my canoe at dusk.

16) …if that were my life you could bet I’d have my iPod playing in the background and the playlist would be called, “Lakeside 101”

17) I’m a firm believer that you’re not a man until you have a picture on your wall of you holding a fish you’ve caught. The bigger the better obviously. I’m not a man just yet.

18) It’s my belief that if you’re one of those guys who claim he’s never cried than you’re also a guy who hasn’t opened his eyes or his heart.

19) I have an incredible difficulty talking on the phone with people around me. Anxiety Central blog, anyone?

20) I think that if you’re a man and you’re at a sports bar and you don’t get a beer than you’re not a man.

21) I’m finding it extremely difficult to go through 25 of these and not mention my disdain for religion. I almost got there. I’m improving.

22) I haven’t had an Entenmans cookie in a very long time but I’m like an alcoholic who wanders past a liquor store when I enter 7-11. “It’ll just be one more box I swear.?!!”

23) I think that if someone tells you they’re not afraid of death they’re lying to you.

24) …on a related note – it pisses me off when people call someone who commits suicide “selfish.” I get why they think that but at the same time I can say the same thing about you if you think their actions negatively effect you (even if they did)

25) No I’m not depressed. I’m just deep.

3 comments:

Carter said...

I can identify with almost all of those.

Benjamin said...

1. I came in second place at the road rally. Eat it!
2. My buddy in LA used to put out an annual depressing music mix that came out right before Christmas. I should share the 2008 one with you which is perhaps the greatest music compilation of all time.
3. I'm gonna keep name dropping here, but one of my best friends from college is the CEO of the last American company to make #2 pencils. At last that's what he tells me. The rest are supposedly made in China.
4. Awesome list. I think I agree with them all except the part-time job one. I think I would flip out at some customers for being rude and just leaving the carts in the middle of two parked cars.

Unknown said...

Great list Greco - creative & informative....lots of thought goes into your blogs...you're a natural (that should be #26) :-)