January 7, 2011

Was This God's Plan?

Ok so this is a little off kilter from a typical blog of mine but an article disturbed me this morning and I can’t help myself from commenting. This is not mean to be anti-religious as much as it sounds like it does. It's meant simply to question a belief that some believers have. Albeit potentially to some people’s dismay.

Quite often I hear the following statement, “It’s Gods plan…”, when something bad happens to someone or if someone dies or what not. More or less it’s an answer that believers in God use to explain something terrible that has happened. As opposed to just facing the facts that life has both good and bad and there is no “Plan” to anything. It’s simply, as I like to say, is what it is.

People live. People die. There are good people. There are bad people. There is no “Plan” for anyone. We all make our lives what they are by making our own decisions.

I realize not all believers think there is some type of “Plan” but I also know that some do.

I’ll get to the point. If there is a so-called “God” and he did have a so-called “Plan” then how can you rationalize his “Plan” for these disabled women who were sexually assaulted?


If this was God's "Plan" then he's a sick individual...

L.A. officials receive video of men sexually assaulting disabled women

Article from CNN.com

Go ahead. Try to explain this one. It’s sickening.

No comments: