April 12, 2011

Life Is So Great! Please...

Facebook kick, anyone? This will be back-to-back posts regarding Zuckerberg’s finest. I’m finding it increasingly easy to blog about the world that is Facebook. In this installment I will pose a simple, yet deep, question:

Are you honestly that happy with your life or is the idea of your glorious status update merely a smokescreen?

I’m sure it’s a little bit of both. I’m sure we all wake up some days and simply love life. We love our kids (should we have any), we love our family, we love our friends, we love whatever god you should choose to love, we are just full of love and happiness. We're all just budding with love in the flower bed of life! (You have to give me serious credit for that one. Even I impress myself sometimes.)

My question is more about the frequency of this love.

I get the feeling that if you told this guy what you tell the Facebook world he'd look right through you and say, “Is that really how you feel?” Cue the emotional breakdown of guilt.

Again, don’t get me wrong, I’m sure you’re all quite happy one way or another. We all have our reasons to be happy. Some seem to be taken to an extreme though. Maybe if in between updates on how excited you are to start your day you threw in a few negatives we could take your positives a little more seriously. Here’s an example of a succession of posts that might be good…

Post 1
“Looking forward to a day with the family and my lovely kids. Been a busy week for sure.”

Post 2
“Ok fine, lovely kids, is a loose term since they just ransacked my living room and spilled cranberry juice on the white carpet…damn Terrible Twos.”

Post 3
“…and now my husband wont turn the Xbox off. Unbelievable.”

Post 4“
Finally got the kids on track and husband in line and can finally relax!”

I think that’s more realistic then what is usually posted. It’s more believable than, say, something typical like this…

Post 1
“Cant wait to spend the whole day with my lovely kids and amazing husband. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful family! Life doesn’t get much better! ”

Post 2
“My kids are so cute! Evidently they think cranberry juice goes well on white carpet. They’re so precious I could just die! Scrapbook moment for sure!”

Post 3
“…all this while my husband is oblivious since I bought him his Xbox. He deserves it since he works so hard!”

Post 4
“From start to finish today was amazing. Memories that last a lifetime. I am the luckiest person in the world!”

I just get the impression that the first series of posts is what everyone is truly thinking but doesn’t want to say. It’s not everyone either. I applaud those of you that actually say something negative about your life. And if you are being honest with life being so amazing you should still throw in some negatives to make it more believable. I mean heck, how great could your life really be if it’s always so damn great?

Everyone needs a little winter to truly to appreciate the summer.

2 comments:

Heather said...

silly, silly greco. i'm assuming this post doesn't apply to me since my children are always deeeelightful. bahahahaha.

JAG said...

I mean thats a gimme. In fact, in the rough draft I made a point to mention how your children are excluded from this. I decided to take it out for the sake of your privacy!