December 2, 2010

The 25 Observations of The Holiday Season: Day 2, That Other Decoration

Day 2, That Other Decoration

As we enter the Holiday Season it’s only natural to see more and more decorations around every corner. Christmas lights on the home. Christmas trees in the stores. Wreaths on the light poles. For the religious sensitive towns out there you have the snowflakes or candles on the light poles. There is one decoration that certain morons choose to incorporate into this lovely season that drives me crazy. In fact, I can honestly say I’m not sure how it doesn’t drive everyone crazy.

This particular decoration/ornament is so heinous that anyone who even wavers in their opinion on this deserves to be instituted. There is no discussion. If you find yourself disagreeing with this blog please comment. Please. I need to know the rationale. Keep in mind, however, that there is no convincing me otherwise. Why? No not because I’m stubborn. I’ll tell you why. It’s because this is not an opinion. This is a fact. And the fact of the matter is that I hope to all hell no one personalizes their automobile similar to this…


When I drive by cars decorated with these god awful Rudolph nose and antlers I want to run them off the road and leave them in a ditch to suffer. I picture the car flipped on its side and the ridiculous red Rudolph nose slowly teetering to the grill only to fall off in the slushy snow and be buried ‘til Spring. Sounds terrible when you put it in words but it’s true.

I hope none of my readers are guilty of this. I can only hope my audience knows what’s best.

No comments: