December 16, 2010

Day 15 + 1 - Benefits of the December Birthday

I planned on writing this blog last week when the topic was at the tip of my tongue. Alas, I delayed so here it goes. My birthday was this past weekend and growing up I would always hear the following:

“Man that must suck. You probably get jipped on gifts since it’s so close to Christmas!”

My response was always:

“Nah not really. I don’t really mind anyway….” And I’d go on to state my reasons. I didn’t have a blog with reader’s worldwide back then so now I’m gonna take this opportunity to fully state the…

Benefits of the December Birthday

1) As soon as Thanksgiving hits you basically didn’t have school until March. Yes. March. Factor in Thanksgiving, then the mental obsession that is your birthday, then Christmas, then NYE, then NFL playoffs (yup), then the Super Bowl, then Valentine’s Day, then February break. Next thing you know you fell asleep after turkey and woke up watching spring training.

Well, I guess that’s it. That sums up the benefits all in one. I’ll take the few month mental and physical vacation from reality over a birthday in April, August or November any day of the week. In fact, in the world that is rankings December Birthday’s are No. 1 on the list.

Remember folks, similar to outdoor lights, saturation is more important than equality. It gives you more to anticipate and it’s more enjoyable when the time comes.

Btw, bonus points if you get the one part of the above "Fortune" that doesn't exactly suit me....all others are pretty much right on.

Happy Birthday

2 comments:

KCheb said...

Ooh! Ooh! Inclined to be religious. Bonus points?

Carter said...

Ok, you asked for it. Next year you get the dreaded "this present will be for your birthday AND Christmas!!"