December 21, 2010

Day 22 - Pass the Wine, Please

This evening I like to think I will have accomplished something very few others have. I like to think I will stand in rarified air, as they say. I get to attend the 2nd company holiday party in the same season…for the same company. To clarify, having been transferred to a different division of the company, one in which has their own party, in the midst of the season affords me this rare opportunity.

So, you think I’m gonna blog about that? Negative. What I’m gonna blog about is the fact that tomorrow marks Day 1 of hosting out of town guest(s) for the holidays. I’d like to ask all my loyal readers to join me in explaining to anyone new out there how we cope with the holidays and hosting:

Pass the Wine, Please

Here is what the typical out of town guest provides during the holidays. I will break it down for you.

1) Stress – No the dog is not going to eat you! She’s only sniffing!

2) Anxiety – Wash the sheets in the guest bedroom!

3) Pressure – Since when do you not like chicken? You always love this dinner so sit down!

4) Mental and Physical Exhaustion – See above

5) Weight Gain – Pass the wine, cookies and cake for the love of all things fat and jolly.

Now I ask everyone out there. Why on earth do we host people for the holidays?
It must be my overtly positive outlook on life that made you think I welcomed the challenge. You are mistaken. I think everyone's New Years resolution should be to tell your family to get a hotel room in 2011 and/or put the presents in the mail!

Happy Holidays

No comments: