December 15, 2010

Day 13 + 2 - Cutting Down the Christmas Tree

As I've said before, nothing better than heading out to the tree farm and picking out your own tree. Toss me the handsaw and let’s get at it! I have to say that the wife and I picked out a gem this year. However, a couple things struck me as we were...

Cutting Down The Christmas Tree

1 – It’s embarrassing trying to tie a tree to the top of your 4-door sedan when the family next to you is tossing there Douglas Fir in the bed of their pickup truck. And the family on the other side is tieing it down to the top of their SUV. Then there’s little old me cowered in the middle like a freshman at his locker sandwiched in between seniors.

2 – This one is important. Take this advice people. When tieing the tree to the top of your car don’t wrap the rope through the windows and through the car. I always thought that’s what everyone did when you didn’t have roof racks (in the past I always had a roof rack and a more manly vehicle). Well needless to say, after spending a thought-provoking 20 minutes utilizing every nautical knot possible in order to ensure the tree doesn’t move in transit my wife realizes I have effectively locked us out’ve the car. Yup. Can’t open the doors since they’re tied shut. Luckily the wife squeezed through a 5” opening in the door and was able to lower the windows so I could climb in. It’s almost like the two seniors locked me in my tiny freshman locker.

I had Michelle taking pictures of me as I navigated my way through the window and into the front seat for the purpose of attaching a picture for your enjoyment. Alas, I’m choosing not to. Maybe in a future blog you’ll come across said photo. Just maybe.

Happy Holidays

1 comment:

Carter said...

I told you that you could have borrowed my truck!! Remember that next year.