December 16, 2010

Day 17 - Wrapping Paper Coordination

I’m a firm believer in something I like to call…

Wrapping Paper Coordination

I take wrapping Christmas presents seriously. Sometimes more serious than at other times based on how patient I’m feeling at the moment but nonetheless I do take it seriously. In the past I’ve been complimented on my wrapping job and its mainly because I’m a man. Sexism anyone? Well here’s how I see it – no man should take wrapping gifts for granted and here’s why.

Presentation is everything

1) Would a diamond ring look as nice without it’s box? (ok fine bad example. It would. You get the point though)

2) Is your restored leather interior really that nice if it’s surrounded by a beat up ’85 Hugo?

3) How far does that Princeton degree take ya’ if you go to the interview in a track-suit?

The moral of the story is that you should take wrapping serious. It should be something you take pride in. Don’t just waltz into the local store and pick up a tube of any old wrapping paper. Make it a process to choose one you think is the classiest.

Here’s another thing to take into consideration. Something that got lost in the fray of
Christmas Marketing is the plain solid red or solid green and even solid white paper. Got 6 gifs to wrap? Try going 2, 2, and 2 and enjoy how great that actually looks under the tree. Sounds basic but the combo of solid colors screams classy.

Just do your giftee a favor and put as much time into wrapping the gift as you supposedly spent shopping for the gift. And for you out there that don’t put much effort into gift giving then realize that a great wrapping job can only increase it’s perceived value.

Happy Holidays

No comments: