December 29, 2010

Day 25 + 4 - The Photo Blog

The past 25 + days of this blog have come and gone. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t impressed with myself for sticking with the daily routine of blogging.
I’d first like to thank the Home Depot parking lot in Rahway for affording me and my laptop a place to write. I’d also like to thank my guest bloggers who once again provided their own personal “observations” in exponentially better written prose.
(not even sure that made sense)

Day 25’s blog will be a simple and non-controversial photo recap of the month. If you’re lucky you’ll catch your very own Christmas Card. You’ll see some photos from the well-known Christmas Tree day of cutting where we tied ourselves out’ve the car. And you’ll see some other random shots from the Holidays. Without further adieu I present you…

The Photo Blog

Remember how I said purchasing Stocking Stuffers was stressful? Well this is an example of how my wife tries to make it easier on me…
The fun filled ay of Christmas Tree cutting complete with getting in and out of your car Dukes of Hazard style…


Some noteworthy Christmas Cards. If you’re not represented I apologize. These stood out and I couldn’t exactly put 40 cards on the blog…

The Beckers – Did they follow the unwritten rules of the card? No. But they’re family and they made the card an ornament so that gets big props. Well done.

The Fiores – Again, unwritten rules? Negative. Alas, very creative card so it gets mention. Well done. Now if I only I could meet these kids before high school graduation.

]
The Hopkins – Excellent. Followed the rules. Had the obligatory child photo but also included the family shot. Well done.

The Ghetians – What else is new. The sun rises in the East. The southerners eat fried food. The Ghetian’s have an incredibly creative Christmas Card.
The Mercurios – Ok fine so they didn’t follow the rules but how do you deny Vito with antlers?

One thing is always mandatory on Christmas morning – Mimosas. And now a second thing – Monkey Bread. Delicious. The wife is becoming quite the baker.



A photo blog is not complete without some basic Christmas decoration photos.

The Greco Family tree

The Greco Family tree topper. Who said you can’t use a wedding cake topper in place of a star?


The obligatory mistletoe. Whenever I hang this I always have to make mention of how growing up at my friends house his mom would always trick me into walking underneath their mistletoe and give me a kiss and I would get so embarrassed. Embarrassing then – heartfelt now.

There’s nothing to “Laugh” about on the holidays. Gag me.

27” of snow and a broken shovel 15 minutes in. Fantastic. Thanks to Neighbor Bob and one of his shovels I survived the blizzard. No, not Bob from Cleveland.

This is a book I had wanted and received. It’s also a foreshadow of a future Book Review blog. Here’s a teaser on what the book is about….
“…thirty-six years, one hundred sixty-eight days, fourteen hours, and twenty three seconds from now, on June 15, 2010 at 3:44 p.m. EST a comet that has broken away from the Kuiper Belt near Neptune will impact the Earth with the explosive energy of 283,824,000 Hiroshima bombs….we have no idea if you will live long enough to witness the phenomenon…neither you nor anything else on the planet will be {alive} afterward…

All of which raises the question – your task, burden, privilege, call it what you like – a question which men and women, great and not-so, of every color, creed, and sexual persuasion have asked since they first had the language to do so and probably before:

Does Anything I Do Matter?“

As told to the main character immediately upon birth by a voice that will follow him throughout his life. 2 words – Thought Provoking.

Everything Matters, By Ron Currie, Jr.
Viking, Penguin Group, Inc.


HAPPY HOLIDAYS, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND THANKS FOR ENJOYING
THE 25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS

1 comment:

Carter said...

Ok, son-in-law, let me know if this comment is shown as coming from Canada.